- This event has passed.
February 17, 2016
DISCOVERY DAY SPORTS PROGRAM
Wednesday 17th February 2016 at 8.00pm
- Pre-Schoolers’ Race
- Sack Race
- Schoolchildren’s Handicap Sprint (juniors & seniors)
- Open 75 Metres Sprints – heats (male & female)
- Drum Rolling Race
- Three-Legged Race – heats
- Wheelbarrow Race (human wheelbarrow)
- Three-Legged Race – final
- Captain Ball (8 persons per team)
- Family Relay (2 adults & 2 children living as a family unit)
- Slow Bicycle Race
- Teams Relay – heats
- Old Beauties Race (50 yrs & over)
- Old Buffers Race (50 yrs & over)
- Tug-O-War – heats (teams limited to 8 persons, except the school, which may have 13 school children plus one adult “anchor”)
- Open 75 Metres Sprints – finals
- Tug-O-War – final
- Teams Relay – final
There will be the usual TEAMS COMPETITION throughout the evening. Team captains are requested to register their teams at the recording table before 8.00pm.
Points (on a basis of 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd) will be awarded for the 75m Sprint, Sack Race, Three-Legged Race, Drum Rolling Race, Wheelbarrow Race, Old Beauties’ Race, Old Buffers’ Race and Slow Bicycle Race. Double points (6 for 1st, 4 for 2nd and 2 for 3rd) will apply to the Teams Relay, Family Relay, Tunnel Ball and Tug-O-War.
The starter cannot wait for late entries. It is not necessary to enter before the event – just be ready to move to the starting point when the announcer calls for starters.
The fish fry will be held between 5-7pm and the sports events between 8-11pm. A program of events will be available on the evening.
Please contact Lucy Kuilman or Sandy Beaumont on (02) 6563 2066 if you would like further information or are interested in assisting.
Please note there will be no changes to the program on the night.
During the evening, there will be an opportunity to give to a collection to help defray expenses.
Assistance is always required on a night like this. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Lucy Kuilman or Sandy Beaumont.
It can get quite cool at the sports ground, so bring a jacket.